Chinese New Year - the year of the monkey is coming up on Monday and we feasted with our family last night. As promised, here's our Chinese New Year Dinner Menu that I prepared from scratch.. I was in the kitchen for the whole entire day ; )
Chinese New Year Dinner Menu
- Malaysian Curry Chicken
2. Stir Fried Baby Yu Choi with Garlic and Shallots
3. Pan Braised Sea Bass
4. Broccoli With Fried Shallots
5. Stir Fried King Oyster Mushroom, Garlic Stems and Shredded Chicken
6. Sweet & Spicy Shrimps
7. Pan Fried Green Beans
Wasn't sure if I made enough food for 20 so I purchased a couple of items from the restaurant:
8. BBQ Duck from Legend Chinese Restaurant ; )
9. BBQ Pork (Char Siu) also from Legend Chinese Restaurant ; )
11. Ginger Onion Lobster
10. Dumplings - they are a must for Chinese New Year since it's considered as a lucky food, it stands for gold ingots or wealth.
And of course... Jasmine long grain white rice.
I will post the recipes and step by step instructions of each item in the near future, so come back and visit often!