- NEW & NOW
- Necklace Sets
- LAVA STONE DIFFUSER JEWELRY
- doTERRA ESSENTIAL OILS
April 10, 2021 1 min read 0 Comments
I feel very lucky that we live in such a caring community. Around Christmas, we have organized Neighbourhood Kids Food Drive for a few years now. This is the first year we planned one around Thanksgiving. Over eight families gave up their Saturday afternoon going door-to-door collecting the food. It is amazing to experience the generosity of our friends and neighbours. It is so incredible to see the amount of non-perishable food items that were donated and how many disadvantaged families benefited as a result. How was it done you might ask?
1. Hand out flyers to the streets that will be participating. The flyers indicate the date and time the kids will be coming by to collect.
2. On the day of the food drive - participating kids and their families go door-to-door, pick up any donations from the neighbours or items left on the porch:
3. Once all the items are collected, we sort them:
4. Put them in the car:
5. Transport them to the local school, which in turn support their Thanksgiving Food Drive initiative.
Such a worthwhile, fulfilling feeling to be able to give back and teach our children a valuable lesson about giving and helping others.
'Till next time!
Sign up for exclusive sales, special promotions and more …